Monday, August 16, 2010

Ways for a child to cope with the ugly divorce of their parents???

My parents battle (divorce) has been going on for 6 months and the war is still going on, I don't know how much more of their crap I can take. My dad left my mom for another women with 2 little kids. My mom is so out of control, irrational, and greiving. She thinks I am on my dad's side because I don't want to be put in the middle; she prevents me from seeing my brother; prohibits me in her house. I don't know if she will ever accept the truth. She puts unneccerary worries in my 13 yr old brother and 18 yr. old sister head; she constantly talks negitive about my father and myself. I am having a hard time dealing with my mom not loving me because I want to stay out of her battle and my mom has turned my sister against me and is verbally hurting my brother. WHAT should I do, I just want my mom to accept me, stop being hurtful and I still want to spend time with my brother??? Can a person become totally in fantisy land and never come back?Ways for a child to cope with the ugly divorce of their parents???
Keep up the good work of staying uninvolved. You can let your mom know you understand how she feels, however, he is your dad and you love him. And go get some counselling for yourself. Refuse to be dragged into their divorce, and point out to her that you are grieving too and have your own problems emotionally to deal over. I've got a good idea how you feel - my son went through the same thing with me. My answer is how he dealt with it. It gave me a reality check - and I don't bad mouth his dad, no matter what I'm feeling, in front of him. It's not his fault his parents can't be civil. And, leave the house if she starts - she is being manipulative. She needs counselling as well. You could also call the children's aid society and express your concerns over your younger brother being emotionally abused. They will force your mom to recognize she has serious anger and needs help to cope.





Good luck honey.Ways for a child to cope with the ugly divorce of their parents???
Contact some counselling dept, like the salvation army for example, and plead with one of their councillors to come to your place and sit down with you and your siblings and your mother. Lay all the cards on the table and tell your mother how you feel and why your staying out of it. Tell her of the harm she is doing to the family, and she should think of her children, not just herself!

No comments:

Post a Comment