Friday, August 20, 2010

How can you cope with tragedy during pregnancy?

Sometimes life strike with tragedy and this can happen at any time


(Family sickness or death, infertility, Bankrupcy, Divorce, Not having who can take care of a disabled close relative, etc.)


I am 15 weeks pregnant with my first baby and I am facing one of those tragedies


I am trying real hard to stay focused on my health, specially my emosional health


What can I do to ensure I can survive this hard times and not affect my baby?


My life has been turned inside out





I have gone through hard times before but now I am sharing my body with this inocent new life.


I am so scared of hurting him


I have heard of women miscarrying out of a traumatic event





If any of you have had this misfortune, would you be so kind to share some enlightment?How can you cope with tragedy during pregnancy?
I lost my mama to cancer when I was pregnant with my first son. She found out she had cancer in january and less than a month later she left this world. We were totally unprepared for this loss- nobody wants to lose their mama, especially at such a time when you should be out looking at baby things ';oo'ing'; and ';ahh'ing'; together. Anyways, I was having big problems with my baby's father (had my heart torn out and thrown in the garbage disposal basically) and cried just about every night for months. Now, I look at my son and think of what a sweet little boy he is. He had to deal with all his mommy's hurt and pain and mourning, and he came out as such a happy and sweet little boy. He's 6 years old now, helps me with his new little brother and has hugs and kisses for everyone. Don't worry about your baby- they can find the love and live off of that and just grow into happy little kids. I guess what I'm saying is that find something, anything that makes you happy- it might just be the fact that you're growing a wonderful new baby and cling to it. You'll smile to yourself knowing that you just felt your baby kick you in the bladder and you have to jump up and run to the bathroom. ;-)


Congrats on your new baby and cope the best you can. =)How can you cope with tragedy during pregnancy?
When I was pregnant with my daughter my best friend's mom died, and my closest Uncle died. It was very, very hard, but you have to get through it for your baby's sake. Just try and get out and take your mind off things. Go to a movie preferably a comedy. Go out with friends, distract yourself. I was depressed, and had lost 2 people in my life. My daughter didn't really laugh until she was 15 months old, a few times for her brother, but that was it. Now she's a very normal, sweet, funny 22 month old. Good luck, and take it easy!
I was 7 months pregnant when my niece was killed in a car accident. I stayed with my sister for the first week and a half after. Holding it all in so that I could be strong for her. My best advice would be to surround your self with supportive friends and family and when you need to cry, just do it. (aside from a c-section, the birth went fine and he is a bundle of energy today)
Yes,i have had that problem,and developed a serious illness after the Baby(a Boy) came 28 yrs ago.Please for your own sake,take care of yourself!
When you bottle up things, they get worse, causing more stress. Just have a good cry and talk to someone about it. If I can't talk to anyone, I just write how I'm feeling. Usually when I'm done, I feel a lot better about the situation.
  • stars myspace
  • school loans
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment