Friday, August 20, 2010

Divorce...........?

I thought I was ok with this, I had the whole thing planned out in my head....but the day he walked out that door was I think the hardest day of my life.


Now I dont know what I want to do, I was married to that man for almost 3 years, and now I don't know how I'm going to be able to cope walking into a quiet lonely house again.Divorce...........?
Find a support group for separated and divorced people. Go there and share your feelings honestly. You wil find the support you need until one day you realize now you are helping the newer people. It is a beautiful irony.





Good luck.Divorce...........?
You'll cope, because as the days pass, you'll realize that you are much better off, and you can move on with your life. Now that he's gone, you can actually start the rebuilding process of making yourself (and the house) happy again.
As a divorcee' I can tell you it does get easier. You have to remember the reason your marriage ended in the first place. You are going through a mourning period (like a death) and need to see it through. Make sure to stay active and devote as much time as you can to your child (i have been there) and remember that your child needs a healthy parent and stable home. keep your chin up, happiness does come.
chances are if he isn't yet involved with someone new, that theres still a chance to save the marriage if this is what u truly want. we can plan it, think its the best thing that could happen then when they do leave its often devastating on us, because its not really what we wanted, all we wanted was to be loved and understood. find him if u love him before someone else comes into the picture, and whatever problems are there work them out, because it sounds like u still love him. if he doesn't come back seek group therapy where there will be others like yourself like in a divorce recovery group, to guide u through this very unhappy time. surround yourself with people who can help u who understand what your going through.
Time will heal everything and you will be okay. A few years later you will look back and remember this like it wasn't a big deal at all. Spend time with your friends and family and stay strong. Go to the support group, if you feel lonely and have no one to talk to.
You will take it a day at a time. The first year might be the roughest, but you can get through it. I have been divorced for ten years now, and I thought that day he said he wanted a divorce would be the end of my life. However, I was wrong - it was the beginning of a new chapter.





I have struggled to get past the grief of losing a dream - being married to a man who loved me as much as I loved him. But life has gone on, and I have been driving the direction it has taken and not the other way around.





These first few months will be hard and difficult, but the best way is to take it a day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment