Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do i cope with divorce?

im a 13 year old girl who's parents recently told me and my much older siblings they are getting a divorce. i have been very upset about all this. and my 17 year old sister isn't helping the issue at all. she is just making it worst. it seems like she is taking my dads side because whenever we are with him, its all fun and there isn't any fighting. but when we are at my moms house, there is a lot of fighting to the point that my mom told her to live with my dad. my mom didn't really mean that. but it seems that whenever i come home from school, or a friends house there is always a fight going on. its not a violent fight, its just back and forth yelling. whenever they are fighting i usually just go to my room and cry and wish everything would go back to the way it was 1 year ago. when my family was complete. i have always been the wealthier kid than all my friends and now it seems like we can barely afford food. and now i have two half empty houses that i live in and yelling going on. i absolutely love both of my parents and a great relationship with them, but ever since they announced to my family the divorce, they seem like completely different people.and to top that off, i think my mom is dating, when the divorce isn't even final yet! i do not want a step dad or anything like that, i already have an awesome dad and i do not need someone to take his place. i have many friend go to for help, but i just want some tips from people who have experienced this before. thank you.How do i cope with divorce?
My parents divorced on their anniversary in June 2006,I was turning 18 that October.


At the time I felt like I was responsible for what causes their divorced,but really,my dad had cheated on my mom with her friend from when she was in high school.It took me around two or three years before I started accepting that the divorce happened and I couldn't fix it.


It was hard on my older and younger sister as well.


My older sister had just turned twenty one that year and my younger sister just turned 17.


Since I was closer to my dad than my mom,I had a few more arguments with him than usual.


After a while,I realized that he's only human and it's a human's nature to make mistakes.Today,they are seeing a few different people off and on but I'm okay with step parents and step siblings as long as they are good to me.Just give them 3-10 years and you either will or would have adapted already.Having two houses isn't as bad as you think. Double birthday and Christmas gifts,you can transfer to a different school near one of them,it's kind of cool.


Hope this helped.How do i cope with divorce?
the same thing with me! i am 13 but my parents divorced when i was 3 my parents both re married and my stepmom and dad fight all the time! i hate it! soooo much!
  • nortonantivirus
  • sexy hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment