Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How to cope with emotional roller coaster of divorce?

the dicorce is almost a year in progress. Over the past year my wife asked for a divorce, lost our house, lost my job and now she wants to move away with our two year old child. Now that the insurance is cancelled due to the loss of my job, she wants to talk. She continues to party with her new found freedom. I'm struggling and she lives the fast life. What should I do?How to cope with emotional roller coaster of divorce?
You are the male version of me, 2 kids, he cancelled the insurance, is moving to TX and has turned into a not so nice feller..





How to cope is to GET OFF the emotional rollercoaster.





This book helps:


Leaving Him Behind by Sandra Kahn...





just reverse the gender roles and you'll be soon


stepping off of the anxious, teary, sad rollercoster hell of divorce,


separation and exes from h


e


double


hockey


sticks.





Trust me.How to cope with emotional roller coaster of divorce?
WOW, I'm goign through a similar situation, my divorce has taken two years, my ex wants to party all the time, has lost numerous jobs, keeps asking me for money %26amp; it has been really tough.





For the first 10 months I cried my self to sleep, I couldn't deal with it, I was a emotional mess. But one day my dad told me: ';Don't cry cause it is over, smile cause at some point it was great. Let her go, leave the past behind, the hardest part is over, focus on the present and always look forward'; That really helped, it inspired me and I started looking at things on a more possitive way %26amp; things got better.





hang in there it will get better.
It's tough and will take a long time to move on from divorce, especially if you still love her. Just take it one day at a time, make sure your child is safe, and find some other things to do that interest you (working out, meeting new people, church, take your child to fun places more, or whatever works for you). It's tough and I'm having a hard time myself getting through and my divorce was final months ago. Just know your life will turn around and things will settle down eventually; take care of yourself and your child, and you will be just fine :).
Just remember why you are divorcing. If you have joint custody of the child she can't just move away.

No comments:

Post a Comment