Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How should I cope with my stepdad?

My mom married her husband about 10 years ago. He is very controlling and sometimes mean. Not Phyiscaly but mentally abusive. The problem is I have to live with them while I go through a divorce. I have kids and he snaps at them often. He HATES me. We live together and he wont speak to me. I am absolutely stuck with nowhere to go. Cant go to a shelter because I am going through a custody case. I am trying to move but just cant yet. Im moving within the next few months when the case is over and hopefully I am allowed to move away. Right now though, this man is making my life HELL. He argues with my mom all the time and tells her to throw me out on the street with the kids. He is actually good to my mom most of the time but every so often he gets angry at me over little things and almost walks out on my mom. Im sick over this on top of trying to cope with my divorce. He gets under my skin so bad with his hatred toward me. Its just a nightmare! What can I do to cope?How should I cope with my stepdad?
I would call the shelter anyway and tell them of your situation - they may have temporary housing - people that want to offer help. You need to get out of that house and soon - it's causing all sorts of problems for everybody - too bad your stepdad is not more understanding - but you can't change things - just get out - the shelter at the very least will guide yo in right direction!!! and why isn't your lawyer advising you?!! good luck-How should I cope with my stepdad?
Be in the house as little as possible....why arent you working? Isn't it your mothers house too? Your mother should come to your defense - but - I dont know the reasons he hates you.
you say you can not go to a shelter, because of a custody battle, well what is going to happen when he finds out you have the kids in a stressful place, if you go to a shelter for women and children, you are more likely to get the help you need with housing, you really need to think about all your options
  • nortonantivirus
  • sexy hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment