Friday, August 20, 2010

First Christmas since my divorce and not sure how to cope with it.?

This is my first Christmas as a single parent. My EX wanted the house and my kids and I ended up moving into an apartment. Now he wants to host Christmas dinner, as I always did, in what was once my kitchen and my house. I believe his girlfriend will probably be there. My kids have many fond memories of our Christmases in that house and always wanted to be at home and have his family over Christmas Day. I will not be invited over that day because we are divorced, yet he has come to my apartment at least once a week for dinner. Now I am feeling like I am having a hard time coping with this. My kids did say they would spend most of the day with me but what do I do the rest of the day without them?First Christmas since my divorce and not sure how to cope with it.?
I am going through the same thing. Although, I do not have children with my Ex.





My family does Christmas on Dec. 20 and 24, so on Christmas we always saw his family. I keep thinking about how I'm going to be sitting at home, alone, all day.





I agree with Brunette Wife, volunteer at a Homeless Shelter or other soup kitchen. I'm looking into that. Also, if your friends have space at their tables, I'm sure they would love to host you. Or start a new tradition with yourself. My aunt is having an open house, so I thought I might stop by there as well.





I understand that it is hard, but you will get through this.First Christmas since my divorce and not sure how to cope with it.?
why is he coming over once a week and you said he has a girlfriend something not right you need to explain a little more.





a friendship is fine but dinner every week? you need to let it go. you need to move on with your life he actually has to GF now smooth move on his part not so swift move on yours
Why not give the kids their gifts in the mourning and then spend the day making love or hot sex which ever with some young stud.





Make sure your ex knows who you are spending the day with.
Either spend christmas with your family or go volunteer at a homeless shelter.
Christmas can be a tough time, but it is up to you. I kept myself busy with my sister. She had also just been in a broken relationship. We were going to decorate, and decided to throw all the things away, that we had had with our partners. We began new, and fresh. It felt so good. Yes, you have many memories of your home, your kitchen, your kids. Hold on to those, they are good positive things, but begin new memories. The house, the kitchen, those are just things, your kids are real. Enjoy them while they are with you on that day. Try and make plans with friends, for after they leave, so you don't get down. Find things you like to do, new interest, keep yourself as busy as you can with finding yourself once again, and embrace it. You and your husband talk more now, because you keep open communication. This is good for the kids to see, that people can be cival to one another, even if the marriage did not work, but remember, you two had not been happy when you were married. This does not mean he has to come over for dinner once a week. Make lots of plans, like I said keep busy, find yourself again. Know your likes, and dislikes, and do not ever settle. Only you can bring happiness to yourself. Love your kids, and love yourself.
I can't imagine how hard it is... try to see if there's somewhere else you can spend some time on Christmas, either with friends or other family members. Or invite some family or friends over to your place. If all else fails, just enjoy some time alone.
I don't understand like Mike why is he coming over to your apartment once a week ? then depriving you of the right to go over for dinnerin christmas there ? or was it your wish cause you feel too uncomfortable to go to your previous house





anyways , I don't think it also right to take away your kids in a special night like this why did you agree to that , cause it is your children's wish ? , if so and there is nothing you can do about it then don't panic as dale careigy said :'; give me a lemon I will make a lemonade'; .. make the best out of it .. treat your self to the best outing possible with ppl who are special to you , go to opera with a friend , do sthng very special that you always wanted to do but didnt have the time for cause of your responsibities towards your family and kids .. i feel for you being divorced like you but I would appreciate if you explain more about the case so i can answer accurately.





can you check my question:


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment