Monday, August 16, 2010

How do you cope with your parents divorcing?

My parents are divorcing after 16 years of marriage. They fought a lot so it was going to come sooner or later.


Anyways I am having a really hard time coping with it. Like the part of not seeing one of my parents.


How did you deal with it? Did this feeling or stress ever go away? Any suggestions of how to deal with the stress?How do you cope with your parents divorcing?
You just need to remember that it is best. You're parents are unhappy together. Being apart will make them both happier. And you will see them again, your lifestyle will just be different. They both still love you, and that is all that matters.





醿︹棪茠蔚峁兾眑蔚鈼︶儲How do you cope with your parents divorcing?
oh Honey i am so sorry. It happened to me also. But i didn't handle it right and i am so happy that you are asking this. I turned to guys. I became known as a slut in my school. and the funny part is i have never even had sex. i needed guys to look at me so i could forget about my parents hurt. So what i say you should do is spend time with each of your parents and if you have siblings than be with them, they will know where you are coming from...also be with friends sleepovers at your friends houses because that way you can have fun and forget about it when you don't need to be feeling hurt 24/7. Hun this is between your parents. It will change you a little bit but life will go on. Good Luck!





Love,


Kara%26lt;3
I find it hard to understand why people get upset about divorce


I don't know why though


My parents divorced when i was 10 and my dad moved away to england so i only see him on holidays eg christmas and summer


Its never really upset me.


The only hard bit was i overheared my mum telling a friend they were divorcing over the phone and had to keep it a secret and pretened i didn't know to my mum and brothers and sisters untill they told us 2 months later. But after that i never thought about it





Just look on the bright side. 2 christmas' 2 birthdays .. sympathy prescents from whatever parent your not living with


And at least there not dead .. your situation could be so much worse .. divorse is nothing compared to what some people go through


Both your parents will probaly end up happier anyway.


My mum took it hard at first cause my dad had an affair twice and she turned to drink.. i would come down to go to school and find her still up drinking from the night before. she's way happier now though


And my dad married in may .. she's lovely and there perfect for each other better than my mum and dad ever were





look on the bright side of life


just smile and be greatful for what you have got. Your parents both love you that should be enough
well i suffer from depression but ways i coped were; self harming, becoming anorexic and using drugs. i do not suggest that you try any of these because it's ruined my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment