Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do i cope with my parent's divorce?

I just turned 14 on the 4th. Today my mom told me that she bought her own place and was going to get a divorce. I don't understand. They got along so well and never fought. My mom told me it was because they grew apart. How can i cope with this? I feel like there's no hope for anything anymore. I was so close to them...How do i cope with my parent's divorce?
Please still remain close to them both. What they decide to do with their lives has NOTHING to do with the love they share for YOU. You may not understand now. But you will fully understand, one day in the future.How do i cope with my parent's divorce?
You can still be close to them. They just won't be close to each other anymore. No big deal.





Whatever their reason, if they weren't happy being married to each other, don't you want them to be free to find adult relationships that do make them happy - that are fulfilling for them? Of course you do - you want them to be happy. Your life will be so much fuller if they are happy in their lives.





Look at this as the start of a new adventure, a new chapter in your life and in their lives. You will get to know each of them better and differently. You will share all kinds of new experiences with them.





Don't let them play games with your heart, if they start doing that kind of thing. Just gently remind them that you understand that they are feeling angry, betrayed or frustrated at your other parent, but that you still love them both and hope that they can find peace %26amp; happiness.
You should feel very lucky to have parents who love you so much that they did not subject you to crazy arguments and bickering! You will still have both of them, and luckily for you, they seem mature enough to make it easy for you to have a great relationship with both mom, and dad. It will be okay.
Well its like this and I know where your coming from mine divorced when I was 6. Anway your just lucky your parents were not violent like mine . Your just going to have to get used to it thats all I can tell you . Your parents just are not happy and you should respect that and just get on with your life and just chalk it up to experience in life !
some times these things happen, you can still be close to both parents,
Unfortunately, your parents lack self-improvement skills. I hope you will learn from their bad example. If two people are willing to work at a marriage, there is no reason for them to have to grow apart. Don't let your mother fool you into thinking that people can't have control over such things. Remember this episode when you find a man you want to marry someday -- make sure you marry a man who is willing to be committed to marriage and to work on never growing apart. If you grow up not to repeat their cycle, you will have made something positive out of this.





Just to let you know, I know whereof I speak. I have been married for 20 years, and we have a 14 year old daughter.
I'm so sorry you're going through this. You must be feeling all ripped up inside. Your mom was telling you the truth. Her and your dad probably did grow apart from each other. Even though they didn't fight or anything like that, they probably lost feelings for each other and just wanted to feel love again. But just because they don't feel that special love for each other doesn't mean they won't love each other as really good friends. I'll bet, that they do respect each other and have one thing in common. That's you and their love for you. I'm sure they both love you to pieces and want you to be happy. Know one really wants to get divorce cause it feels bad. But sometimes, it's best. It's important for you to know that you have not lost a parent. They will always be your parents. Try to think of this as a new beginning. You might find it's kind of cool spending nights at two different places. That means you'll get two different bedrooms. Cool, you can decorate them totally different. And, maybe you can get two different computers.

No comments:

Post a Comment