Friday, August 20, 2010

Problem shaking the idea of being in a comitted relationship again after divorce...?

So, I've been divorced for a while now. Heartbreaking I know. I wanted to be divorced, but if you've been divorced you know that just going through it is heartbreaking enough. Anyway. I am in love again. I love my boyfriend dearly, he is amazing, and my best friend, and makes me so happy. However, I can't help but feel like things between him and I are going to ';blow up'; for lack of a better term. My ex-husband and I were very much in love when we first got together too, and it took a long time before I realized I no longer wanted to be married to him (reasons I won't get into).


When I was with my ex, in the begining, I would think about how I couldn't wait to spend the rest of my life with him, and of course that didn't work out. I'm starting to have a similar feeling now, but it's more like; I love spending my life with my bf now. I can't shake the fear of comitting to him and possibly end up going through another divorce.





How have you coped with the fear of getting into another comitted relationship after the heartbreak of break up or divorce from someone you truly cared about?Problem shaking the idea of being in a comitted relationship again after divorce...?
Your feelings here are quite normal, and with time they will disappear. Majority of couples that I have helped over many years have stated that it takes on average about two years before they were able to move onto another committed normal relationship. So given enough time, you too will change and be able to committ again and move on. Good luckProblem shaking the idea of being in a comitted relationship again after divorce...?
I was divorced and am now remarried. I know how you feel; believe me. I think that the emotions aren't as strong at first because of the fear, but the relationship I share with my husband now is so much better. After going through heartache, it is hard to trust again. It is a decision that you have to make. After you decide, ';hey, i'll free fall for love'; the relationship is so much better. You appreciate your relationship so much more.
Remove that fear from yu mind first.Believe in yuself first that things did not work according to yu expectations with yu ex-husband.Now yu have found a bf better trust him and enjoy life with him without any fear but i warn yu not to repeat the mistake again as yu had done with yu ex-husband.
I have never been divorced nor married yet, im young but i have been engaged. It didn't work out and we just broke up. Struggles teach us lessons if we let them. To me marriage is eternal, forever! Therefore marry someone who you won't give up on who won't give up on you. Someone you love hopefully!
Don't let the past affect your future. Push negative thoughts away. Try getting some individual counselling for yourself. A divorce is a very traumatic experience so it's normal to doubt commitment afterward but eventually you will move past it.
The first time is the worst.
The only way you will be comfortable comitting again is if you know for a fact you have dealt with your baggage. Have you taken responsiblity for your own failings? Have you learned what went wrong and how to prevent it from happening again?





You write that you are ';in'; love again.. ';In'; love is a feeling, and it won't last forever. You need to get from ';in'; love to actual ';loving';. This is when you are able to acknowledge his flaws and accept that he is exactly who he is and you have to take him exactly who he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment