Monday, August 16, 2010

Im struggling to cope with my parents divorce and moving on. please help?

my parents split up last june. i was coping fine until xmas when i fell apart. around this time both of my parents were with other people. I dont have a problem with this but i find it really difficult having my mums boyfriend round here all the time. He stays on the weekends and is here every evening. Hes a nice guy but i cant cope im nt sure y. I spoken to my mum and she says i just have to get over it but i cant and because of this me and my mum and growing apart and this hurts as we were really close. i feel that she prfers to be with her man and that i am not good enough. I live in a rural place so its hard to get out with my friends as i cant drive yet. am 17! and the thought of them doing it is horrible. I dont know how to cope or how to get close to my mum again. I have tried to talk to her but she doesnt understand and gets defensive of her boyfriend. i feel responsible for alot of things and i know i have been a ***** sinc xmas bt i cant cope and when i try to be better its like its no good! i just dont know what to do or how to cope. I feel alone, insecure and like i dont fit in! I have no confidence and just want to move on, but i dont know how to!! does anyone understand??Im struggling to cope with my parents divorce and moving on. please help?
Divorce is hard no matter what age you are. Ask your mom very politely if she can put a day or so a month aside to spend some time with you. Remind her that soon you will be off to college or on your own and can't get this time back. I am divorced and have children around your age but my children come first and I always put some time aside for them. Best of luck and don't blame yourself. The way I see it no man or woman is worth ones own children.Im struggling to cope with my parents divorce and moving on. please help?
Oh, Sweetheart, I DO understand. The thing that you must remember is that both your parents love you. Trust me,they might have split up, but they did not divorce you. You might think that your Mum prefers her boyfriend, but trust me, this is not true. You should go to your doctor, who will refer you to someone who will listen to you and advise you how to cope. Good luck! xxxx
my parents divorced when i was 3, my mum was with her current boyfriend from when I was 7 till 2 months ago, he lived here all the time and used to make fun of me, embaress me infront of friends and relatives and beat me up. I told my mum when I was 9 but she called me a liar, and he didnt leave untill my mum came home when he was strangling me... I don't consider my self hard done by, lifes **** some times; suck it up...
  • nortonantivirus
  • sexy hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment