Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How can I cope with the process of divorce?

i was in a abusive marriage and finally got the strength to let it go. now i live in our apartment and there is a protective order. we don't talk, text anymore. i find myself having nightmares like last nite about the things that happened. sometimes i miss the good things but the bad outweighs the good. im trying my hardest to cope with this seperation, still not divorced yet but its soo hard to deal with this.How can I cope with the process of divorce?
Time heals most wounds. Be glad you had the courage to get out of an abusive relationship. Turn the nightmares into memories of the good times that you had together so that you don't feel like you had years wasted. Continue through with the divorce...no one should have to endure abuse in a relationship...that is not love. Move on and bring happiness and a fresh new start. Good luck to you.How can I cope with the process of divorce?
The best thing you can do is sit down and think back to the bad times and see what your responsibility in all that was/is. How much of it was indeed your fault? What did you do wrong to instigate it? Where were you in error?


Got it?





Now, how much of it was all a lie? Were you being manipulated and controlled? Were you really the good person in all of it?


Usually, you would be and none of this shitt is on your shoulders. Don't take what is not yours to take. Know that you are the stronger person in all of it and you are the one that is good and righteous. Sleep with peace knowing that you were right.
I guess it's just going to take time. And some of the feelings you are having as well as the nightmares might be symptoms of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I had symptoms like that when I left an abusive home. Are you afraid and hesitent to leave your apartment sometimes? Have you lost your self-confidence? Do new things frighten you because you don't think you can handle them? It might be PTSD and it might help you to talk to a counselor. Good Luck.
No off the cuff answer is going to help you. You have to make peace within yourself. It is not an easy road and their are no shortcuts. What worked for me was forgiving the person who treated me badly. Then I had to forgive myself for allowing myself to get in that situation when I knew that it wasn't what God wanted for me. The great irony is,that it is much harder to forgive yourself than to forgive someone else. After you forgive yourself then try to love again. God loves you and he has a plan for you. That may mean you get a second chance or it may mean you don't. The important thing is that you keep God centered in your life.
It's soooo hard once you get out,all you seem to remember is the good,but with abuse,you know it never changes. Have you went to counseling. After being in an abusive relationship,I would say your self esteem and self worth has been battered too. See about getting some help to sort out your thoughts and feelings. Try to keep busy to keep your mind occupied and remember,the best is yet to come.....A new life is just around the corner,you've already taken the hardest step........

No comments:

Post a Comment