Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How to cope with Divorce 2?

I am 25 and my son is 4. My husband has been helping me with my son since he was 7 months old and we got married before he turned two. This past September made two years that we have been married. My son misses him. My husband told me that he did not want to be married anymore. He has MS and is going through a lot of emotional probs and physical prob. and he wants to figure all this out by himself. I want to take care of him, but he doesn't want me to.How to cope with Divorce 2?
Maybe he's going through a crisis of his own. MS is a very debilitating disease maybe he's trying to spare you from watching him failing. He's a man and they have this ego thing, I really think he's trying to avoid any unnecessary complications for you and your son. By your description he had the best intention in the beginning and chose to take on a ready made family, that is commendable. Give him some room and pay that extra attention to your son, maybe let him view his step dad picture when and if you talk on the phone. But don't push, I am going through some crap of my own and my advise is just follow the signs.How to cope with Divorce 2?
It is very difficult for you to help someone who doesn't want your help. It probably is scared and thinks he is doing the best thing by pushing you both away so you won't have to deal with his problem. Try to get him to see a professional to help him deal with this before you allow him to get a divorce. Hopefully this is just a knee jerk reaction by him and if he talks to someone he will change his mind and realize that it is unfair to you and your son to be shut out of his life. Family is all about surviving the good times and the bad times together, and even if he won't admit it, he needs you both now more than ever.
Men cannot stand to be seen as weak. It sounds like he's trying to keep you and your son from seeing his health deteriorate.
I feel for you and wish he could see how much you love him, but do you think something else besides the illness is what made him leave? K
Who diagnosed him?.. Does he use any artificial sweeteners?.. You should find him someone who has a QXCI or SCIO machine where you live and get him to them. They can help. AS for him wanting to dump everything because he is sick.. that's a hard one.. He probably feel like he doesn't want to burden you and feels this is the best way to handle it, But he needs to know that this isn't just about him.. when you have people that love you, you cannot just shut them out of a situation like this..It is selfish, immature and cruel of him to even think he can.You are in this weather he wants you to be or not, so is the child...He is not seeing things clearly right now due to his emotional state. Unfortunately MOST men do not address their true feelings well if at all..But you need to get on him about your son.. He can't just walk out and disappear on him like that. I am picking up that the donor has little or nothing to do with the boy?.. So your husband is all he knows... Odd that marriage is ';For better or worse, sickness and in health'; but so many run from marriage at the first sign of trouble... You cannot force him to let you take care of him..but I feel he is being selfish and not realizing it. Are you religious at all? Is he?..You may want to involve your holy man on this one. maybe he can help.I will send my prayers to you and blessed be

No comments:

Post a Comment