Friday, August 20, 2010

My husband wants a divorce now I've been going through a depression, how do I cope?

My husband says that we got married solely because we havea child together and he doesn't think that's enough to sustain a marriage. I understand why he wants a divorce but I feel so depressed without him. I always have a feeling of hopelessness and pessimism. He's afraid for our daughter because he thinks I'm suicidal but I'm just trying to figure out how to cope with not being with him. I love him too much to just let him go. How do I cope with losing the love of my life? Please help.My husband wants a divorce now I've been going through a depression, how do I cope?
sorry to hear you are getting a divorce, i never want to feel what you may be feeling. you say he got married because you have a child, how long have you been married? believe me one thing i know is would you rather hurt short term or long term... you will either have to try patching up what ever else is wrong or, just let him go. i know you dont want to be with someone who Is not in love you . sure he loves you and he will always be in your life because you have a child, so let him go if you have to,and if its meant to be you will get back together again. my boyfriend left me when i was pregnant, and came back and married me after one year, and we are so happy, '; remember when you were younger, that guy you used to date forever, the one you thought you would never get over or live without';........you got over him!!!My husband wants a divorce now I've been going through a depression, how do I cope?
i have been divorced twice and although happily married now i would always say best answer is to REFUSE divorce and do everything possible to fight it. working things out is ALWAYS easier in the long run unless there is SEVERE abuse.
I hate to say it but try to start dating. Once you get treated better by someone you will be all for it.
Serina dear....take a deep breath. This is a beautiful world and you want to rejoice in it. Do just 3 things to begin. 1) Get a lot of exercise. Walk, run, put a tape n and dance. Work out for an hour or so every day and think of nothing else. 2) Travel to India 3) Give me a call when you're here.
You should seek GOD first.


You see,


the Lord is your foundation and if you don't have God in both your lives, then you have both built your home on quicksand.


God is what keeps the family together.


';A family who prays together stays together.';


Put God first and HE will bless you and your family.


You both just have to have faith and believe in HIM. With God in your lives, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE.


Seek, submit, repent, and be saved.


I will say a prayer for you and your family to seek the Lord Jesus Christ whole-heartedly.





-God Bless.








-Jeremiah 29:11


11 For I know the plans I have for you,'; declares the LORD, ';plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.





-Matthew 7:24


[ The Wise and Foolish Builders ] ';Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.





-Luke 6


The Wise and Foolish Builders


46';Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say? 47I will show you what he is like who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice. 48He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. 49But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete.';
Your never going to let him go. You two have a daughter together you will always be connected in some way. Perhaps you did get married for the wrong reasons and would make better friends. You need to see a doctor about your depression and remember that you are no only living for yourself but you are living for your daughter. He is only a small part of you and she is your world. I understand without him there would be no her but you have better things to do then dwell on a relationship that isnt working. There will be other guys he is not the only one you will ever love. It will be ok.
He already said why he married you.


Why on earth would you want to stay in a realtionship like that?


You need to find someone that will love you back.


If you also think you are sucidal you need a professional to help you. Check with your local Health Dept.


And don't do anything silly.


In the future you will look back at this, and just laugh.


Good luck to you.
A marriage with one-way love is not going to do anybody good. You are just denying the truth. People get divorced everyday and they survive.
you need to just let him go. if he doesnt have the love you for you as you have for him the relationship isnt going to go anywhere but down hill. Think about your daughter she doesnt need to see that happen so to end it earlier it will be easier for her and for you. You deserve better. In the end maybe he will realize what he is missing out on. (you) Always remember your daughter needs you she should be the most important thing in your life. And if you feel like committing suicide I know its easier to say this then experiencing it myself but just dont do it your daughter needs you there for her and seek out for professional help and try to be with your family.
-They say: Better to have loved and lost ,than never to have known love at all.You have loved, Now it is time to move on.


-If you have not been to counseling it may be advisable to try that avenue and see whether you can save the marriage.


-However If no affection remains then all is lost, and it may be best to part ways so that your daughter can begin to adjust and you may commence the healing process.
I have been going thru a divorce for 2 years from a husband that asked for a divorce after 18 years. I was only 37 at the time w/two kids and he was in Japan and found someone else. I begged to get counseling, but came to the realization that you can't make someone love you. The best thing you can do is love yourself and your children from this point on and get counseling for all of you. Usually employers will offer some type of counseling services thru your medical provider or thru a company help line. Check w/your human resources department if employed. If you are not employed, check w/your county services for resources to get counseling for yourself to help deal with the life changing event that is ';divorce';. It affects people different ways, but I too had to come to grips with losing someone that I still loved, but no longer loved me. You can't force them to stay. And it's ok to cry. But one day, you will realize that the tears have stopped. I guarantee it. I happened to me after about 2-3 months. Just take it a day at a time and get personal counseling for yourself and your children and that will help you cope with this life changing event.

No comments:

Post a Comment