Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Help coping with seperation/divorce...?

for those of you that have gone through this please tell me how you dealt with it and got through it. we have seperated a few times before and always went back to try again. we have come to the conclusion that we arent good for each other and we wont make it, or atleast not make it and us be happy. weve tried for 5 years. what do i do to cope?Help coping with seperation/divorce...?
I've been through it 12 years ago and am going through it once again. The coping isn't easy. You have to take it one day at a time and accept that you need to spend some time grieving for what you have lost. After that you focus on the basic things in your life and making yourself happy. Once you do that then you can think about another relationship.Help coping with seperation/divorce...?
I used to listen to a certain song that reminded me of the marriage. It forced me to deal with my feelings both good and bad. I also knew we weren't good for each other. After a few months I realized that I was better off without him and vice versa. Before long, I was smiling again and that certain song went back to being just a simple song, but I realized how therapeutic it had been for me. Also having friends or family who are truly supportive helps a lot. Best of luck to you both.
Find something to keep yourself busy. Avoid doing things and going places that remind you of the past relationship. Talk to your friends and family; they are your lifesavers. Find a new hobby. Keep a journal. Get a pet.
Time !!! It will take time and you have to start going out with friends and communicate with them about your feelings cause holding it in is the worse thing you can do Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment