Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Correct grammar or too little grammar?

First, I want to thank everyone for your help with A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. I am thinking of going to college for the first time in my life in Jan. At 55, I am scared to death and since I would have to take Grammar, I wanted to see if I could write well enough to even go. I am making my paragraphs of what my favorites are to see where I stand. Could you tell me if this is right?





My favorite movie is Mrs. Doubtfire.





The two main characters are played by actor, Robin Williams, and actress, Sally field.





The movie is a comedy about how a family copes with divorce, especiall the father.





The father, Robin Williams, is so desperate to be a part of his family that he becomes a female housekeeper named Eugenia Doubtfire.





The body suit, makeup, accent and actions, makes Mrs. Doubtfire seem like a real person.





The movie makes me laugh, cry, and want to see it all over again/Correct grammar or too little grammar?
Honestly, I am a college student and some of the people returning, especially after so long out of school, are absolutely horrible at grammar. It kind of comes back to you though and every college I know of will have a tutoring center where you can get help if your instructor is too busy. You might consider a prep class if you can find one at the local community college if you're really that worried. Good luck!!! By the way, your writing looked fine except for a couple of points already discussed by someone else.Correct grammar or too little grammar?
';... played by actor, Robin Williams, and actress, Sally field.';





Robin Williams and Sally Field are appositives for the words actor and actress, respectively, and would NOT need a comma. When you say ';father, Robin Williams,'; it is correct because he is the ONLY father, and needs to be set apart.

Report Abuse



its correct except u need a period at the end of the last sentence. and capitalize 'Field' and you misspelled ';especially';.

No comments:

Post a Comment