Friday, August 20, 2010

I keep crying since i got divorced thursday, how do i cope with it?

Ive been staying in bed crying %26amp; trying to push myself out of bed.


now i even hate to get outside,


what shall i do?


i knew him since 1985 %26amp; got divorced the may 28th ( thursday) %26amp; its hard to cope with it. Please give me ideas of what to do.I keep crying since i got divorced thursday, how do i cope with it?
This whole thing has been very rough on you.





Now that it's over, the reality that it's over is still sinking in. You are sad because you do remember the good times. Also, even with his abuse and gambling and getting you evicted that you lived thought, there were good times too. It's also possible that you, someplace in the back of your mind, thought that maybe he would change and you could try again. That option is now gone.





From all you have said, you are much better off with out him and his crazy GF. Let them go out of your life. I know easier said that done.





Right now, you are going to have to force yourself to get out of bed. When you are laying there crying all you are thinking about is the divorce. I know it's hard, but you must get out and do somethings to get your mind off the divorce even for a few minutes at first.





All of here can offer advice and help, but some of it has to come from inside you too. We're all making the effort to help, now you have to make an effort to help yourself too. We will still be here to offer what we can as you take the slow painful steps into your new life of freedom and future happiness.





Just my thoughtsI keep crying since i got divorced thursday, how do i cope with it?
you need to get out of bed and look at the rest of your life it will be with good out him i know it is hard but laying in bed won't fix anything you have to move forward take care of you i divorced my husband in may 1992 the 21st. so it was hard he was my first love but i have a great life with out him so you can do it too just trust in yourself to do more for yourself than he could you'll be fine
it's like a death. you're grieving.





i went through this too. give your self permission to grieve. my therapist who counseled me through this said a gallon of tears out of each eye. there were times i sat and howled, when i was alone, of course. and waves of anger at him and the addiction that destroyed our marriage. antidepressants don't help grief.





well meaning people will try to get you on antidepressants becuase your grieving makes them uncomfortable. or they will tell you ';you should be past this by now';.





honestly my grieving took on many forms, including staying home and being alone for a year or so. i just wanted to be left alone. Kind of ';hid'; in my lovely home. emotionally felt like i was walking through molasses. it was just the thing I needed because i am all better now. But my friends accused me of ';isolating';, like this was a bad thing.





at about the year and a half mark, I started to venture out, because I wanted to, not because THEY wanted me to. started having fun again.





I am at the two year mark now and not even thinking about HIM or the divorce anymore. planning my future, but trying to live on a limited budget.
I'm not sure why your so focused on your divorce? Apparently your actual marriage was over long ago and you did nothing to save it at that time. A divorce is an official ending, but your actual marriage ended long ago . . . you should be mourning that . . . not the fact the courts made it official.
As much as I know you have heard this, it will get better in time.


Do something you knew he hated you to do! Then go out and


rent you a good movie and your favorite dinner and enjoy!
If you can't help yourself, talk to a psychologist.
Go out with your girlfriends and drink it up!
You're in my prayers. God can help.
Man up *itch, Man up!

No comments:

Post a Comment