Monday, August 16, 2010

How Do I cope withy my parents divorce?

My parents are in the middle of a divorce and I am very stressed out. I have been puching holes in walls, running away, staying a freinds homes but nothing seems to help. Before I go any further, let me tell you what has happend. 5 years ago my dad had an affair with someone from Mississippi. My parents worked it out and then 6 months ago my mom had an affair with someone from Denver. My dad tried to help my mom get through it because he knows how she feels but she wants nothing to do with him. My dad cant afford to stay where we live so he is moving to Pennsylvania. My mom makes less than my dad but is staying hear because I want to graduate from my high school with my friends that I have known since preschool. I am in the middle of my senior year and wanting to go to college but im worried that my parents wont be able to afford it even with loans, scholorships, and grants. I am so confused to how my parents can throw away 25 years of marriage because they are so hard headed. HELP ME!How Do I cope withy my parents divorce?
I understand what your going throught and i am so so sorry, but i have to tell you like i tell everyone else, everything happens for a reason. Why? no one knows but the man upstairs if you dont believe in god start because if you ask him to help he will! so my answer to you is PRAY..it will help and your problem will work itself out.


Hope I could help! :-)How Do I cope withy my parents divorce?
You won't change their minds. But don't make it hard on them. And that's what you're doing by running away from home. The only thing you're doing is being selfish because you're bringing problems to the family when they already got a big one to solve. Try spending time with both of them.. They will start to feel lonely because they've never been away from each other fully until now ... Just try living your life.. Hang out with friends. Fill out applications for scholarships.. do good in school.. Don't be so hard headed.
I agree with butterfl...
your parents life is there own if they have lost the love staying together would be toture love both and go on
Nothing that you do will make them get back together..... it will only make them feel miserable and guilty, but they will continue with their process (and I certainly HOPE THEY DO) regardless and you will only feel more miserable and frustrated that you couldn't do anything about it.





A marriage is a relationship between 2 people and you, even if you're their son, have no idea what has happened during those 25 years. You don't know the reasons why they married, if they were happy, and why they stayed together till this day. But if love isn't there anymore, there's nothing left to do and staying together just for the sake of it is not the answer..... they'd only be miserable for yet SOME MORE years and what for?? You'll be out for college in a short time, you'll make your own life and they will see each other and wonder why the hell they're still together if they don't want to, they don't love each other, they're not happy. Don't think only of how YOU feel, think of how THEY feel and that there must have been a GOOD reason for them to make this decision. Their happiness should be a good enough reason for that, don't you agree? You won't lose any of them, they will continue to love you just as much, and they will be happier after this is over, but not if you continue doing this kind of mean things that only worry them but WILL NOT keep them together. Don't waste your time and your energy on this..... you have YOUR OWN LIFE to worry about. Live and let live............. I know it's tough but each one of us is entitled to our decisions and our happiness. You will make yours and some of them your parents won't agree with, but they will still have to respect them..... be a mature guy and DO THE SAME. Good luck.
I'm sorry that you're going through all of this.


I'd say,try not to think of it too much. i know it's hard to do but you have to try it for a start.





believe me,stress can kill you because i was stressed out as well 4yrs ago and what i got from it was stroke. i was 24, then.





I'm 28 now, thinking back i realized that i shouldn't do what i have done about to my health but hey,I'm just thankful that i still exists.





remember that sometimes there's a good benefit from what we are going through, and sometimes it's hard to figure it out.





just be positive,don't give up easily..good luck! i hope this helps a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment