Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Divorce and very difficult time coping with it?

I am beginning the process of divorce and I'm from another state, having moved here 15 years ago to be near my wife's family. I'm having a terrible time coping and wondered if anyone had any experience with this and just might share some thoughts for me on how I might cope better. I can't remember the last time I laughed or was not sad about this. Thank you very much. Divorce and very difficult time coping with it?
I had a similar situation. I was married for 10 years and dated for 5 years before that. I had a home, close relationships with my in-laws and step-children, and I thought I had a wife that loved me. Then it all came crashing down when she told me she didn't love me. I found myself living in a dumpy rental and nobody from her side of the family including my step-children would talk to me. So, I tried to keep busy. I made some new friends and I finally found peace in knowing that I did the best for all of them that I could when I was there. I did everything to make my marriage work and everything was beyond my control because my ex single-handedly dismantled the marriage for reasons that she will not share. So, it has been 4 years since I left and 2 years since the divorce. Now I have a new fiance, a new home, new job, new pets and a new flower garden. I have everything I had lost from my first marriage, except my step-children.





So, the moral of the story is that you should just take one day at a time looking for the little blessings offered each day. Try to look at the beauty around you and try to do something nice for someone every day. Don't become hateful and resentful over it and try to forgive her. Try out some new activities. take a couple of adult education classes at the local community college and get involved at a church or community organization. Take a couple of long trips to somewhere you have never been and do some fun things like fishing. Keep busy. sooner or later the pain will get better and you will have a new girl. hang in there.Divorce and very difficult time coping with it?
You poor thing.... I think just about everybody has to cope with divorce. Its a life changing thing. But you cant dwell on it. You cant beat yourself up about it either. Why dont you move back from where you came from and start over. You can think about everything bad she did or how she hurt you and just be depressed about it OR you can think to yourself that you lost a love but life goes on. You found her and I dont see why there would be a problem in finding someone else. Divorce is just something that happens and people need to put their heads up and just get over it. Be positive about things. Your not dead so just go out and find someone to take your mind off her. get a dog... they are mans best friend ya know..lol...


just dont dwell on the past and think to yourself that your going to be ok....
When a bond that has been time tested breaks, you will find yourself in a difficulty because you now have to plan your day, and life as a whole w/out that person or family. Time heals all wounds. I would recommend meeting with friends and keep yourself busy as much as possible, it will reduce the feeling of blues and you'll begin to enjoy your ';new'; life quicker. Sooner or later, you will have a new life that consists of the new realities.
it will just take some time eventually you will be back to yourself again its always hard in the beginning it took me over a year to cope with my divorce but i know it was the right decision im so much happier now. im remarried to a wonderful man and couldn't ask for a better life, things will get better for you have faith.
Counseling and seeking a positive support group will help. Try calling friends and family. Try staying busy with church or volunteering activities. Read and seek inner peace. Time will help, but the hurt is done. Good luck
Try to keep some time to yourself but also get out and be around friends. Find someone to talk to, therapist, friend etc...
The best way to get over a love, is to find a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment