Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I would like to find frm those who have gone through a divorce , how it feels ,ways to cope with the change?

My husband has told me a couple of times for the past couple of years that he does not care for me, where i go , with whom i go out with etc.He told me not to ever ask him about where he goes or who he hang out with coz he doesnt like it. I only question him probably once in a blue moon, yet he would be mad.


I am a very loving person ,romantic in nature, i need someone caring in my life. After going through 23 years of marriage I have considered saparation. I have not told him yet. I have tried communicating and all the other stuff yet he remain the same and our relationship is not getting any better. I need some advice on how to handle life after divorce. Financially I dont have a problem. I want to how to handle it emotionally. Our children are all grown up except for the youngest one who is 12 yrs old.I would like to find frm those who have gone through a divorce , how it feels ,ways to cope with the change?
Why are you still with him that is no marriage. You should both be totally open and have no secrets where you go or what you do. You need to get out now. Divorce is just like anything else new in life. You deal with it, it isn't like you are madly in love and he wants out. You don't have feelings it sounds like. Life can be fantastic after divorce. I met the man of my dreams years after divorcing and thinking I never would. It is great. Life is what you make it. Go with the attitude that you will find someone to love you for you, someone who wants you to know where they are and cares where you are. It is fantastic. Get out while you are still young enough.I would like to find frm those who have gone through a divorce , how it feels ,ways to cope with the change?
Life after divorce can be tricky. After I got my divorce three yrs ago I went through the Monday, Wednesday, Friday and some time Saturdays I wished my x to get hit by a greyhound and on Tuesdays and Thursday I was sad and missed him because we had been married 10 yrs. But now I only hate him once a week (smile) and don't miss him one bit. I have a 9 and a 12 yr old. He is now in Iraq (Army)and I hope he runs up on Bin Ladin face to face!!
Do you remember what iy was like to be free?To only answer to yourself? If you're feeling a little co-dependant, it'll pass. My only question is...Why did you wait soooo long?
Why stay with someone that doesn't want to be with you anymore. He has made that very clear. If you're able to take care of yourself financially, find a place and leave or ask him to leave. Its time to let go. Don't ask him, just do what you have to do.
There is no getting around it...divorce is hell. Then again once we have divorced sometimes we forget all we were putting up with as to why it ended. So never forget why you got the divorce and maybe it won't be as bad as most are. All former memories you have of your kids you can never talk about again because they do not want to hear you talking about their other parent either good or bad...Good Luck
i feel your pain, i was only married 7 years when i left my ex husband but it really hurted me, you go thru stages, at times you hate them, at times you miss them, at times you wish you could have the good times again and the bad times was just a nightmare but then reality hits and you then realize why you left and went for the divorce or if he went for the divorce. if you want to talk, e mail me, i'll answer any question i can, even though i wasn't married as long as you have been though.
Consider that divorce is a process, and right not you're in the stage where you know it is over but you cannot decide whether to separate or leave for good. You can't change the fact that he is apparently getting on with his life. You need to get on with yours. Get a good divorce attorney and set up a separation. During the separation, get a lot of support (divorce group, grief group, therapy) and reconnect with people who love you outside of your marriage. If the marriage is worth saving (and it will become apparent whether itis or not very quickly), get into counseling with him. If it is not, you will have taken the time to transition to a point where you remember that you are worthy of getting the love and romance that you need.





No matter what you think, it is not too late to start over.
emotions are hard to overcome, there is no getting around it.
well it will take time for one thing it will take alot of getting use to. staying close to the people that do care about you will help alot. take the time you will need to cry, be angry , so on and so forth it is like greaving a death in a way you are.stay positive or at least as much as you can and ask for help when you need it.
emotions are hard to overcome........do u love him?....it seems like a dumb question, duh ur married to him......but seriously think about it, it might of once been there, but know?........do u really love a man that gets mad over simple things and doesnt seem to care about anything and doesnt ';love'; you enough to sit down and communicate to work things out?......think about it, wat is there to be so emotional about.....when yall divorce just think that he has lost sumthin really great....wat have you lost? love? no.....happiness? no..........theres someone out there way better for you
By the time I divorced my husband I was more than ready to get rid of him. The only problem that I had was coming home to an empty house - it got lonely for awhile. But then I knew I was better off without him and adjusted.

No comments:

Post a Comment