Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Advice Dealing with Divorced Parents?

So my question isn't exactly about how to cope with divorce, just because my parents have been apart since i was a kid. It really doesn't affect me, but does when my parents talk about eachother. I feel as if my dad cares about how my moms doing and all, but my mom is stubborn and bashes my dad constantly. She blames him for everything that went wrong in her life and refuses to ever have a normal conversation with him.


I guess what i'm trying to get advice on is how to deal with the way my mom talks about my dad. I've tried telling her personally that it hurts my feelings that she puts me in the middle and when she does it i've also told her that i have nothing to do with it...


but it's just so frustrating! i feel like there's nothing to do...


help?!Advice Dealing with Divorced Parents?
It sounds like u need to put her in her place, which is easier said than done. You need to say, ';Mom, stop being selfish and realize that i love my dad very much and it hurts my feelings when you bash him infront of me. I have told you that this hurts my feelings before and you don't seem to care. If you truly love me than you should not do things that bother me after i tell you that it bothers me.';





just say something along those lines, just lay out everything that is bothering you to her. u can even write her a letter and it will give the same effect. but you need to tell her all these things with every intent of hurting her feelings. she is selfish and wont realize what shes doing until u tell her.





so dont be afraid she will still love you afterwards and might be glad that u said that stuff to her. give it a go.Advice Dealing with Divorced Parents?
I would guess that your Dad wanted the divorce. Just look how your Mom is acting. I'm sure she was just the same in the marriage. Learn from their actions. Hug your Dad and tell him how much you love him. Hug your Mom and tell her how much you love her. Walk away when she starts complaining about your Dad because she is trying to control you to hate him like she does.

No comments:

Post a Comment