Friday, August 20, 2010

Novel Ideas? Help?

I’m considering writing a new novel. I have a few ideas, but I’m still not sure.


I know for sure that I want to bass it on a 16 year old kid, that attends high school, and he had “fitting in” issues, and has to put up with bulling.


I want it to be somewhat similar to Catcher In The Rye, not the plot, but the whole ‘No one understand me’ vibe thing going.


I also know I want it to be about him trying to achieve his dream, as either an author or a famous musician.





I have an idea in mind.. but still not certain.


Tell me if this sound Interesting;


-16 year old Jake Hedingson is attending, Bossworth High.


- Just moved from L.A


- He’s practically the ‘outcast’ and ‘loser’


- He is trying to become a famous musician





Blah blah.


And it tell us about how he does it, and he has to cope with the divorce of his parents and the death of his Aunty, Grace—Who taught him everything, he also goes through bulling, alcohol ect.


Just a book for the ‘underdogs’ if you know what I mean.








Help me grow on the plot?


Haven’t gotten far, and it sound boring but I want it to be funny as well as sad and touching.Novel Ideas? Help?
sounds cool! i like that idea, but i think he should be an author. he cood struggle for an idea too, and find one in himself. i like his name, but he should move from Las Vegas. i hope your book goes well and successful! i'm writing one too called, The Chronicles of a Papish Child. Papish is like an orphan with powers and stuff.Novel Ideas? Help?
Dude, this novel sounds pretty good to me so far. The plot kinda depends upon how the novel is going to end i.e happy sad etc. For example in stuff that you've written the plot was based on love, yet the ending was sad (it was freaking great by the way). And knowing you you're going to get inspired by something and then WHAM, you have yourself a plot =D





Good Luck mofo


P.S. i bags reading the first finsished product muahah XD
I like the idea of a passage of rites sort, but i do believe its been a bit done. but, also, no mater how done, a lot of the teenage angst books becomes pulitzers, so keep up the perserverance and good luck!
It looks like you have a basic premise here, and I don't think that anyone can say if it's good or bad just yet, because so much depends on how you write it, and what twists/complexities you add.


If this is going to be a Young Adult novel, I think any time you write about someone struggling to fit in, your audience can immediately relate to it.


It looks like you have a lot to work with here, and you can either start writing and trying to get the voice right or keep outlining and developing a plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment