Friday, August 20, 2010

How can I help my boyfriend cope with his son lashing out because of his divorce?

Ok, my boyfriends son is having a hard time dealing with his parents divorce. It has been a year but things seem to be getting worse instead of better. His son has been asking lots of questions about the divorce. Which was caused by his mom's affair. She has since remarried. His dad and I have been dating for 5 months. He knows that his mom had an affair but still blames his dad. Now, he doesn't want to spend time with his dad and it is causing lots of pain. Any suggestions?How can I help my boyfriend cope with his son lashing out because of his divorce?
WHY does a little 5 year old know about his mom's sex life? This situation was on Dr. Phil this week and he gave the parents a tongue lashing for sharing the sordid details of the divorce. He doesn't need to assign blame, he needs to feel safe. He needs to hear his parents say only NICE things about each other. He needs to know that his parents aren't divorcing him, and that they will ALWAYS love him.





My suggestion is that his dad keep his hurt feelings away from his child and be that little boy's rock. Be the adult.How can I help my boyfriend cope with his son lashing out because of his divorce?
nothing, thats the price that selfish adults have to pay for emotionally destrying their kids hopes and trust in people.... i hate ppl who have kids n then divorce.... clearly his mum is a *****- smack her out- try to comfort the child with guidence and compassion....





xox goodluck
you can't help but a family counselor can





the kid is angry, he needs some help dealing with his situation and anger
Divorce is very hard on children. Even when parents move on the kids don't. How old is the son?


I had a similar situation and the son hated me and did everything he could to break up his father and I. It didn't work and the father had a long talk to his son about it. Maybe some counseling will help. How is he acting out?


The son should have never known that his mom had an affair.





EDIT: Sounds to me that the mom may be kinda brain washing the son. Your bf needs to have a calm conversation with her. He needs to explain that she is poisoning his mind and its not healthy for him. The mom needs to love her son more than she hates her former hubby.





Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment